This year, ditch your traditional gift-giving habits and refresh with a more imaginative approach that will knock the socks off your loved ones. We’ve compiled 12 of our favorite gifting techniques to inspire you. Happy gifting!
HOW TO GIVE: MONEY
Gift Card Snow Globe
Christmas shopping for that special someone who is extremely hard to buy for? Take the easy way out with a gift card, but spice it up a bit by putting it inside of a snow globe.
The holidays are around the corner and many of you are already thinking about potential gifts. Men are notoriously difficult to shop for – they either have everything or are only into one specific kind of thing. Need some ideas? Take our quiz to determine which kind of gifts the man in your life will appreciate before you start your gift hunt.
With every new school year comes a new beginning and nothing says ‘fresh-start’ like a well-organized workspace. Whether you use your workspace to study, write, or research, in order to be productive, it is essential that this space evokes thought and encourages creativity. With that being said, here are five tips to help keep your workspace organized.
- Keep a trash can within reach
- This will prevent you from leaving empty food wrappers and unnecessary papers scattered all over the place.
- You don’t need six picture frames, two coffee mugs, and your favorite stuffed animal crammed together on your desk. Choose one to two decorative items for your desk that boost your creativity, like our Blue with Political Map MOVA Globe.
- Organize documents
- By keeping all of your papers in a jumbled pile, you are bound to lose something important. This can make for a huge headache, however, this problem is avoidable. If you haven’t switched to digital files yet, you should give it a try. If you are content with the old school way of doing things, at least make sure you place all of your documents into easily accessible, organized folders.
- Have extra storage
- Just because it doesn’t belong on your desk doesn’t mean you can’t have it. Invest in some drawers or shelving to help keep the things you need close, but also out of the way.
- Tidy up
- Instead of letting random things stack up on your desk, designate a home for every item. When you are done using your workspace for the day, take a few moments to put everything back where it belongs. It is an easy task that you will thank yourself for later.
Claude Monet’s father disapproved of his painting and instead wanted him to be a grocer. Pablo Picasso was a terrible student who often ended up in detention. Vincent Van Gogh’s earliest career aspiration was to be a pastor. Before becoming famous artists, they were average human beings with big dreams. It was creativity and vision that allowed these artists to become some of the greatest of all time.
Throughout the month of August, MOVA International is celebrating these artists for Art Appreciation month. Our goal is to encourage appreciation and understanding of the art of different eras, movements, styles and techniques. Are you familiar with some of the most famous artists and artworks of all time? Do you think you have what it takes to become an art connoisseur? Test your knowledge by taking our quiz: How well do you know art?
For the graduating Class of 2016, you have infinite possibilities ahead. How are you taking on the real world? We want to hear from you, and to celebrate this exciting time, we are giving away a MOVA Globe! Post your answer to our contest question on social media for a chance to win a 4.5″ MOVA Globe or the new MOVA Mini! Read on for all the details. Already graduated? Head over to our Graduation Advice Contest instead for a chance to win a MOVA Globe.
1) Answer the question, “How will you make your mark on the world?“. Think on a personal level – whether that’s joining your local government, making donations to a charity, or just discovering yourself at your new job, anything goes. We know you have goals and we’d love to hear them!
2) Share your answer on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) with the hashtag #MOVAMakeYourMark. You can post in a tweet, status update, or include it with a photo. Each post on a different social media site counts as one entry.
3) Your post will automatically enter you in the contest. It’s that simple.
One 4.5″ MOVA Globe or MOVA Mini of your choice. The winner will be contacted on social media.
The MOVA Globe and MOVA Mini are a modern, solar-powered take on the classic globe. Using a complex mechanism of solar cells and magnets, the globes turn continuously and silently on their own. Simply place them in light to have a rotating world on your desk, no batteries or wires needed. They’re the perfect gifts to inspire you to dream big and change the world.
View full contest rules and disclaimer.
If you are graduating or just recently graduated this year, head over to our #MOVAMakeYourMark Contest instead.
The epic procession of students, immense feelings of relief, the throwing of the hats…graduation season is almost in full swing! We know that graduation is such a huge milestone, so to help you with gifting and inspiring your soon-to-be grad, here are our gift choices accompanied by motivational quotes. Whether you’re celebrating a future scientist, teacher, or artist, these gifts will inspire them to continue opening doors in the next chapter of their lives.
Chinese New Year, which begins on February 8th, has transitioned from a celebration of deities and ancestors to a time to gather with family, take time off work, and re-energize oneself for the new lunar year. Much like in the United States, it is one of the most important holidays in its country, China. Each new year is associated with a zodiac animal sign – there are 12 total, all having different characterizations with regards to those who are born in a particular year. In 2016, we turn to the Year of the Monkey, which signifies a wide range of traits and meanings.
This contest has ended.
When was the last night you took time to gaze at the Moon and reflect on your life, past, present or future? If your answer is “too long ago,” then today, September 19th, is the perfect excuse to get back in the moon-watching game. Each fall, International Observe the Moon Night (InOMN) is a celebration of our nighttime version of the sun. Worldwide, people get together to learn about the moon’s history and impact on cultures and of course, sit back and observe. In honor of InOMN, we’ve scoured the web for our favorite fun facts about the Moon and for interactive, creative ways to participate in this special day.
Kicking off the summer month of July is Independent Retailer Month, recognized in various countries throughout the world as the event to celebrate independent retailers – the local “mom and pop” shops that bring both business and charm to our hometowns and cities. Here at MOVA International, we think that local businesses reflect the unique values and stories of our communities, on top of offering us an alternative shopping experience that we can’t find at big box stores. So what makes indie retail shopping so deserving of our attention? When you shop at an independent retailer:
Independent Retailer Month is here and we’d like to celebrate the small businesses and local shops who help foster our economy and bring life to our communities. As the manufacturer of MOVA Globes, we are fortunate to have a network of knowledgeable retail partners across the country who equally share our enthusiasm and dream for our Earth-inspired creations. Our MOVA partners are the stores and businesses that help us in making the purchase of a MOVA Creation a truly hands-on and engaging experience for all MOVA enthusiasts and new customers alike. To celebrate Independent Retailer Month, we’d like to highlight some of our partners in different regions across the United States as they talk about their business and what makes them a unique indie retailer.